Parent partnership is important in improving pupil outcomes. As a school we are striving towards how toinclude parents in the fabric of how the school works, working towards a true model of partnership working and in which parents may offer a greater level of input into decisions regarding school improvement. To this aim we have developed a LPPA working party.
Our current areas of development are:
· Improving the appearance of the school and making it more inviting for parents
· Developing communication with parents
· Improving parent information sessions on offer and developing more parent events
· Supporting parents’ involvement in their child’s education
What has happened so far?
· Work with the school’s art teacher, parents and pupils to develop signage, with links to the Arts Mark . There is an increase in pupil work on display.
· Developments to the school’s website and the development of the parent area.
· A comprehensive parent events calendar. Regular coffee mornings.
· Increased involvement by parents in their child’s Individual Education Plan and collaborative work with KIDS to improve the ‘parent views’ section of EHCs. ‘Taster lessons’. Improved transition arrangements.
· Clear signage to the entrance, made from pupil and parent art work. Further links to City of Culture 2017.
· Overhaul of the parents’ area of the website.
· More parent-friendly policies and guidelines.
· Increased information on pupils’ curriculum.